The first step in planning for continued success is accurate analysis of the existing conditions of facilities and assets. Capital Green completes detailed facility and energy condition assessments of infrastructure, building shell, services and equipment. This process determines immediate and long-term cost liabilities for deferred maintenance, building component lifecycle renewal, code compliance and functional inadequacies. It enables capital project planning to address current operational requirements as well as full capital funding scenario planning and facility renewal forecasting.
Capital Green’s consultants or one of their valued partners assess the condition of each facility component and collect critical information on energy and environmental performance. Combined with information on facility costs and all relevant lifecycle information, the analysis provides the foundation to support capital budget decisions. Service options include single audits to develop an electronic facility inventory and establish baseline conditions, periodic assessments to keep facility condition information reliable and up-to-date, and custom reporting to support management decision-making.
Energy Performance Analysis
Energy is often the largest lifecycle cost for facilities, in both financial and environmental terms. Capital Green and our partners provide experience, innovative culture, and engineering talent to offer the perfect energy efficient solution for renewal and/or development projects. Capital Green certified engineers are at the leading intersection of environmentally friendly technologies, application design, and operations and maintenance practices. Energy efficiency is a key ingredient of environmental sustainability. Capital Green and our partners’ engineers are qualified experts in identifying energy and environmental opportunities that will significantly improve the performance of facilities. The services include:
- Development of a Strategic Energy Plan
- Energy conservation studies and audits to analyze energy performance data and establish baseline energy consumption
- Development of a Strategic Energy Plan
- Energy efficient lighting, HVAC technologies, and building shells
- Energy control systems that conserve energy
- Application design for combined heat and power systems
- Measurement and verification of energy savings from modifications
- Commissioning of building HVAC and electrical systems
- Operating cost and emission reductions from investments in on-site energy facilities and fuel switching capabilities
- Operating cost reductions from managing energy rates and prices
- Feasible options for purchasing and using renewable energy
Capital Renewal Planning
Capital Green engineers, consultants and our partners work with clients to develop capital solutions that solve today’s challenges without compromising the future. Our approach encompasses analysis of a facility’s condition, deferred maintenance liability, building component lifecycle renewal requirements, code compliance and functional deficiencies, energy savings opportunities, and capital renewal and replacement costs.
Utilizing industry benchmarks and metrics, such as Facility Condition Index (FCI) and System Condition Index (SCI), are an important part of our methodology. These benchmarking tools enable organizations to assess the relative condition of buildings and gauge facility performance relative to an organization’s mission. 4tell’s planning process considers and integrates energy and environmental incentives, economic development funds, and other public and private programs.
Because Capital Green can deliver its services through combined internal and external resources our clients can benefit from particular subject matter experts to meet the unique requirements of their project.
Energy and Environmental Engineering
- Energy Audits and Facility Condition Assessments – Energy Efficiency & Renewable Feasibility Studies, Benchmarking, Smart Metering & Efficient Lighting Implementation;
- Experienced in EO 13514 Strategic Sustainability Planning & Implementation – OMB Scorecard & CEQ Reporting, and O&M Cost Optimization;
- GHG Emissions Evaluation – Carbon Footprint Assessments, GHG Inventory, Reporting and Direct and Indirect Carbon Reduction Strategies;
- Technical Environmental Assessments – Water Efficiency & Stormwater Management, Waste Diversion, IEQ, Sustainable Acquisition & Green Procurement Implementation;
- Pathways to achieving High Performance/Sustainable Buildings & Data Centers – LEED, Energy Star® and Green Building Standards, Electronic Stewardship.
- Policy Analysis on EO 13514, 13423, EISA, EPACT05, NEPA, EPA/DOE guidelines;
- Environment and Energy Management Systems Analysis, Development and Support;
- Sustainable Program Management, GHG Inventory Data Collection, Enterprise Technology Solutions and Support for Organizational Transformation to achieve Sustainability